Did you know that many of the perfect celebrity smiles you see on TV are those created with porcelain veneers? Dental veneers are one of the most popular services in cosmetic dentistry. In just 2-3 painless appointments, patients can drastically transform their unsightly teeth into the Hollywood smile of their dreams. Veneers are a permanent solution for the dental imperfections that you were born with or those that occurred over time.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Before you determine if veneers are right for you, it is important to understand what they are and how they are placed. Veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are only used for cosmetic purposes, so they are placed on the visible teeth of your smile to “cover up” your dental flaws. You should know that veneers are irreversible since a tiny portion of the tooth must be shaved off to allow the veneer to securely bond to the tooth. However, we rarely meet a patient that regrets their smile makeover with porcelain veneers.
Are Veneers Right For You?
One of the highlighted benefits of veneers is their versatility. In other words, they can be used to address a wide range of aesthetic imperfections with minimal time and effort.
Here are some leading reasons why dental veneers may be right for you:
- Do You Want to Avoid Braces?
- Veneers have often been referred to as “instant orthodontics.” They can be used to cover up slight misalignment in the front teeth, including wide spaces and crooked teeth.
- Do You Want to Reshape or Resize Your Teeth?
- Are your front teeth too short, not wide enough or disproportioned? Veneers can be a permanent solution to change the size and shape of your teeth to create a more attractively balanced smile.
- Do You Want to Permanently Address Staining?
- If traditional teeth whitening treatments have failed to give you the consistently bright smile you desire, consider porcelain veneers. Veneers not only give off the translucency of real teeth but they can also be customized in the dazzling shade of your choice. Plus, your veneers will be resistant to future staining unlike real teeth.
- Do You Want to Fix Chipped or Broken Teeth?
- It is not always easy to keep your teeth in perfect condition Whether it was a bad fall or biting down on something too hard, you may suffer chips or breaks in your front teeth. Fortunately, porcelain veneers can hide these embarrassing tooth fractures as long as the health of the tooth is not compromised.
Ready to transform your smile with porcelain veneers? Call Carrington Square Dental. We offer a full menu of cosmetic dentistry services, including porcelain veneers. Never dismiss the power of your smile – let us create one that you are proud to show off.